Backpacks (of any size), umbrellas, packages, bags, Nordic walking sticks and handbags over 30×35 cm. must be stored in the cloakroom. We cannot accept suitcases and other travel bags. Coats must be left in the cloakroom. The Louwman Museum is not liable for loss or theft of personal effects. Lockers are available free of charge.
Taking photographs and making videos for your own personal use is permitted in all museum halls, except for the halls containing posters, paintings and prints. You are allowed to use flash and a tripod.
The Louwman Museum would appreciate it if you would switch off your mobile telephone in the exhibition halls.
Food and drinks
You are not allowed to bring food and drinks into the museum. Refreshments are available in the restaurant; you may not take food and drinks into the exhibition halls.
Smoking is prohibited in the museum.
Pets are not allowed in the museum, except for guide dogs. The Louwman Museum does not provide kennelling facilities.
Parking is at your own risk in the Louwman Museum underground car park. Parking elsewhere in the Louwman Museum grounds is prohibited, except for vehicles higher than 200 cm. and the designated parking spaces for the disabled.
- Keep calm and follow the instructions of the museum staff.
- In case of a fire alarm, immediately leave the building via the designated escape routes.
- Do not use the lifts.
- Parents and guardians of children are at all times responsible for the children under their charge. Running, playing and shouting is not allowed.
- Buggies, strollers and wheelchairs are permitted.
- Please do not touch the exhibits.
- Teachers and those in charge of groups may be held responsible for the persons under their charge.
- Instructions issued by museum employees must be observed at all times.
- General conditions